Video: Buying Indoor In Winter: Pros And Cons
It's winter outside with its sterility of shades and dullness of tones, but we so want to return to the warmth of summer with its variety of plants and riot of colors. And where can we go? Only in the modern kingdom of eternal summer - to a flower shop - for living plants! And there we have a difficult choice: whether to buy already blooming exotic or touching violets, plants with decorative fruits or variegated beauties … It's just that our eyes run up, and we really want to take them all with us!
In order for your purchase to please you for a long time and leave only pleasant memories, I draw your attention to several important points. When buying plants, do not forget that most of them come from the tropics or subtropics, so a sharp change in the environment (microclimate) will not be in vain for any of them. Even short-term exposure to subzero temperatures (-1-3 ° C for five minutes while carrying it to the car) leads to physiological burns of all parts of the plant, especially buds, leaves, flowers and fruits. Damage may not appear immediately, but after 1-2 weeks.
When making a purchase of a green pet, you need to clearly understand the purpose of its acquisition:
- to create a temporary (1-2 weeks) colorful accent;
- or for the purpose of long-term maintenance (several years).
If the first option, then it is not so important whether you bought, say, a poinsettia or azalea in a garden center or at a sale in a supermarket, whether it is imported or domestic.
But if the second option, then I advise you to take into account several recommendations …
The following rules apply when buying plants:
- The plant must correspond to the type and variety indicated on the label (its presence is required).
- Check with a sales consultant where it is grown - in our conditions or abroad.
- It is advisable to know the homeland of the plant (whether it is tropical or subtropical), since this determines the conditions of its maintenance (illumination, air temperature, watering / feeding, pruning, transplanting, etc.).
- Consider the size of the plant in the future and their compliance with the size of the room.
- The soil (substrate) should be neither overdried (the pot is light), nor wet (water flows from the pot, the soil is smeared on the fingers).
- There should be no mechanical damage on the plant (twigs and leaves, stem damage, etc.).
- The plant should be healthy (it can be difficult to determine) - the leaves should not be lethargic, their color should correspond to the species and variety, the plant should be free of visible manifestations of diseases and pests, etc.
- Demand packing the plant in plastic wrap or paper 2-3 layers, technological bags.
- At home, do not remove the packaging material immediately, but only after 1-2 hours so that the temperature inside the package equals the room temperature.
Recently, a fashion has come to Russia from Europe to give plants for the holidays. When deciding to make such a “living” gift to relatives or friends, try to imagine whether they have the opportunity to care for the plant, whether your gift will be a successful addition to their home life or a difficult task that has fallen on their heads. After all, you can do without living plants - buy artificial or canned plants, dried flowers or a floristic composition. The range of such plants is very wide today, and the high quality makes them almost indistinguishable from real ones. Such a gift will decorate any home or office and will certainly not cause any trouble to its owners.
Well, well - the choice is yours!
I wish you success!
Popular by topic
March 8 is a holiday that comes to us at the very beginning of the calendar spring. This first spring holiday is not only a great occasion to congratulate the female half of humanity, but also a wonderful opportunity to fill the space around you with sun and freshness, getting rid of the dullness of winter weekdays
New Year's floristry, of course, is also subject to fashion, although it is this part of the floristic art that is most traditional and true to the classics. The fabulous time of the New Year and Christmas holidays is a time of magic, full of wonders and light
Summer is a massive holiday season so beloved all over the world. During the warm period of the year, many of us strive to spend time by the water on our vacation or on a weekend, and it does not matter whether the sandy area is a gorgeous beach near the sea or just a green meadow by a quiet lake
Looking for stylish flowers and colors for a summer bouquet? Gladioli and callas can be used to make wonderful bouquets. These flowers never go out of style, and there is a large selection of zantedeschia and gladioli with hot pink, fiery red and dark purple, as well as snow white or bright yellow flowers
Preparation for the bright holiday of Easter for professional florists begins long before the arrival of the Bright Resurrection of Christ. And in our country more and more people want to celebrate this wonderful holiday with floral decorations in the house