Pumpkin fruits are extremely varied and decorative - they are asked to decorate the table! The bright color of the peel - green, yellow, orange, variegated, and all kinds of relief surface of the fruit, provide pumpkins with success with florists. Our selection of pumpkin compositions - both curly and vegetable, will not cause difficulties in execution even for beginners.
1. The easiest way to decorate the table is to arrange small-fruited decorative pumpkins in a light vase on a high leg or on a 2-3-tiered dish, as in this photo. This composition is made in white and green tones, but you can choose another color scheme. All sorts of decorative pumpkins are used here - striped spherical, pear-shaped, star-shaped, pimply crookneks, reminiscent of swans. They are complemented by medium-sized white dahlias, caps of green-flowered hydrangeas, ammonia umbrellas, unripe juniper fruits. And gracefully curved twigs of vines balance the heavy hearths of pumpkins and fill the composition with air.
2. In the second work, the cold ebb of a metal vase supports the white stripes of a ribbed spherical-flattened pumpkin that dominates the entire composition, and makes the fruits of the snowberry shine against the background of pale green capsicums, stonecrop inflorescences and bristlecans. Small inclusions of pearls echo the luster of the vessel. The subtle curves of the vines play the same role here as in the first composition, adding volume and lightness.
3. To emphasize the warmth of a family hearth or the intimacy of the atmosphere of a feast for two, arrange a few candles in candlesticks made of pumpkins, which are quite easy to make. It is enough to cut off the upper part of the fruit, take out the core with the seeds with a spoon, without touching the pulp, and place a simple candle inside. The most delicate frame of pearl pins stuck into the pulp of a pumpkin will make the flame sparkle with mysterious reflections.
From small white ribbed pumpkins, you can make elegant gifts for guests who will meet them on a set table. An elongated pumpkin or a squash in a wreath of small vegetation will serve as an original case for a bottle of wine.
4. This composition is an example of the traditional use of a pumpkin as a vessel. For her, you will need a dried, mature, lying flat pumpkin of an even egg-shaped shape, which must be completely freed from the pulp, rinsed with water inside using a stiff brush, and quickly dried so that the inside does not mold. After that, two layers of white acrylic paint are applied to the surface, degreased with diluted alcohol, which, after drying, is wiped with fine sandpaper to obtain a vessel "gray" from time to time. The interior of the homemade vase is filled with Oasis, the edges are decorated with large berry leaves turned purple, and the center of the composition is occupied by a hemisphere of pastel "Peppermint" roses in greenish-yellow-orange tones. Badan and roses are pre-tepped.
5. The composition on a round brass dish is made in the same range. The most time-consuming part of the job is decorating the flat circle from the Oasis around the circumference with folded purple-green autumn oak leaves using wire pins. You need to start from the top edge, moving towards the base to get the shape of a kind of "cake". Pale yellow "Alexis" roses and small ornamental pumpkins of a flat-spherical shape serve as the cream on top. Combine the composition with white cobweb-like fibers. It seems to us that this composition carries the mood of wilting nature, the coming winter, and in the classic, even more so - antique - interior will help create the atmosphere of an abandoned ancient castle.
6. Almost the same color scheme and the next composition, which exists without water. A segment is cut out of a mature pumpkin with a stalk, the pulp is cleaned, washed and dried. The inner cavity is filled with the Oasis for dried flowers and large autumn berry leaves in wine-burgundy are attached to it. Yellow-pink rose petals are placed between the folds of the formed "pleated".
7. If all the examples above described compositions in restrained colors, then the next one is a real product of bright autumn. For her, a bright orange vegetable pumpkin with furrowed skin was used. Carefully, but emphatically unevenly, cut off the "cap" with the stalk, clean out the seeds and get a vessel, which you fill with Oasis. Covering with the cut part of the fruit, decorate the resulting gap with plant material - the fruits of mountain ash, viburnum, pyracantha, inflorescences of green hydrangea and stonecrop, beech nuts, buckthorn leaves and common ivy. For this, viburnum and buckthorn leaves are collected in bunches and tepped.
The last two compositions in orange-red tones are made of approximately the same materials - physalis lanterns, rose hips or hawthorns, small decorative pumpkins.
8. An old clay pot is used as a container for the first work (a new one can be artificially aged). The simplest composition in the form of a hemisphere is created on the Oasis, covered with dried grass seeagras - sea scum (Zostera marina). The pumpkins are beautifully tied with a jute cord. Such a composition can exist for a long time without water, since all components are dried. Only the rose hips will become darker and wrinkled over time.
9. In the last work, which differs little in technique from the previous one, hollow dried stems of umbellates serve as a frame for all components of the bouquet. You can, for example, use thin stems of hogweed, remembering that only dry stems can be cut, the green parts of the plant contain a substance that causes skin burns. So, dry stems are cut into approximately equal lengths and set on the Oasis. Between them are a variety of medium-sized yellow and orange pumpkins, bright physalis, red rose hips, oak acorns, green junipers, small decorative apples, small corn cobs, tender panicles of Fountain millet and other cereals. Where required, bundles of seaweed fibers are placed under the fruits as a support.
Based on these ideas and techniques, you can create many of your own pumpkin variations. Play with these funny sun balls!
Based on the materials of the magazines "Bloom's", "Creativ mit Blumen", "Fleur creatif", "Flower Inspiration".